|For more information:
210 Washington Avenue Extension, Suite 101
Albany, NY 12203
Fx: (518) 464-0618
Poster Presentation Call for Abstracts
The New Practitioner Committee is requesting submission of abstracts for presentation at the 2019 Mid-Winter Meeting January 25 to 27, 2019 Albany, NY at the Albany Hilton hotel.
Guidelines for eligibility and submission:
- Current active membership of SPSSNY, enrolled in a NYS college of pharmacy.
- Abstract submitted no later than January 4, 2019.
- Submissions received after this date will not be accepted for review; there will be no on-site registration for this program.
- The abstract may be a maximum of 600 words, minimum 12 point font, and must include: title, authors (inclusive of faculty, preceptors, or advisors), purpose, methods, results, and conclusions (if available at the time).
- The abstract type must be indicated in the submission e-mail:
Broad Categories for research include
- “Completed Research”
- “In Progress”
- “Theoretical Model”
The submission e-mail must include contact information (name, e-mail, and phone) for those students listed as authors. Please list any faculty or other mentors that are consulted.
Two students may present the poster if accepted; names must be noted at time of submission.
Students may not submit multiple abstracts; or be authors on multiple abstracts submitted to this poster session.
Research must be conducted and/or completed within the calendar year of submission.
The research/abstract can be presented in multiple showcases; acceptance to another poster session, professional meeting, or campus presentation is allowed. Disclosure must be noted in the e-mail of submission (“accepted to XYZ Meeting” “abstract submitted to XYZ” etc)
Any financial incentives or honorarium received during the research period must be disclosed as time of submission.
There is no limit to the number of submissions that will be reviewed from each college.
- Basic Sciences (Biologic/Chemistry/Pharmacology)
- Clinical Sciences/Research
- Practice-Based Pharmacy
- Patient Education Services
- Economic & Administrative Sciences
Guidelines for Accepted Posters:
- Students accepted for poster session must be registered for the meeting/dues paid within 2 days of receipt of e-mail for this program.
- Students must respond to the acceptance e-mail, otherwise staff will remove them from the program.
- Students are responsible for transport and set up of the posters. Foam core will be provided.
- Assignment of evaluation time will be determined in advance by the NPC and in your e-mail prior to the meeting. Both students must be present during that time for evaluation.
- Board posters may not exceed 36" by 48" and foam core will be provided for mounting posters on, a display stand will also be provided for each poster.
The NPC will review the abstracts, grade for acceptance, and the staff at PSSNY will contact those students accepted.
Students will be responsible for set up & break down of their posters. Posters are to be set up by the time the Solutions Center opens and may be removed at the end of the day. Specific times will be given to each poster for evaluations by the moderators, students must be present. Those presenting are welcome to remain in the Solutions Center to engage with other attendees on their research. Handouts for attendees/evaluators are encouraged.
Accepted abstracts will be listed in the program materials at the meeting and posted to the website.
A/V will not be permitted as part of the session.