THIS CE IS FREE FOR NYC LICENSED PHARMACIST IMMUNIZERS
Moving Beyond Flu Within the Immunization Neighborhood
- Registration: 6:30 PM
- Dinner: 6:30 PM
- CE Program: 7:00 - 9:00 PM
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the public health impact resulting from vaccine-preventable diseases;
- List opportunities for pharmacists to impact public health beyond influenza vaccination;
- Describe key components of the Standards for Adult Immunization Practice and how to integrate these components within pharmacy practice;
- Describe the importance of reporting doses administered to the Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR);
- Describe the tools available to pharmacists in the Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR);
- List available tools and resources to support expansion and engagement within the immunization neighborhood.
Knowledge Based Activity
Target Audience: NYC Immunizing Pharmacists
Initial Release Date 9/13/2017
Program Expiration Date 12/31/2017
- Mitchel Rothholz, RPh, MBA, Chief Strategy Officer, American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
- John Beckner, RPh, Sr. Director, Strategic Initiatives, National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA)
- Kathleen Blaney, MPH, RN, Adult Outreach Coordinator, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
About the Program:
This session will describe how pharmacists can engage within the immunization neighborhood to improve community public health. The training will describe opportunities for expanding the scope of Vaccination practice beyond flu and ensuring all adult patients receive the vaccines they need. The session will also include an overview of the requirements and methods for reporting vaccinations to the NYC Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR). This session will NOT provide certification as an immunizer.
Disclosure will be made on the day of the program regarding any interest or affiliation a speaker may have with a supporting organization.
To receive credit for this program, participants must complete the sign-in sheet and complete the online evaluation. Information will be sent to mycpemonitor.net within 10 days of the conclusion of the program.
This session is free for all NYC Pharmacists who currently are certified to give immunizations. This continuing education session is provided through a collaborative grant by NYC DOHMH, CDC and PSSNY.
The Pharmacists Society of the State of New York is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Dinner sponsored by the Complaint Pharmacy Alliance Co-op – thank you!