Antiretroviral Update 2019
Presenter: John J. Faragon, PharmD, BCPS, AAHIVP, Pharmacist, HIV/HCV Medicine, Albany Medical Center, Regional Pharmacy Director, Northeast Caribbean AIDS Education & Training Center
Registration 7:00 PM / Dinner 7:00 PM / CPE Program 7:30 PM
At the conclusion of this activity the participant will be able to:
- describe the rationale for implementation of rapid start antiretroviral therapy;
- discuss strategies for integration of rapid start ART into current clinical practices;
- describe how to utilize a multi-disciplinary approach to overcome barriers to patients using rapid start ART;
- identify and learn about strategies for treatment-experienced patients with virologic suppression;
- review strategies for treatment-experienced patients with virologic failure;
- discuss new antiretroviral agents and their potential roles in treatment-experienced patients.
This activity is provided as a member benefit of the New York City Pharmacists Society. - Thank You
Knowledge-based Activity / Target audience: NYS Pharmacists / 2 Contact Hours / 0170-9999-19-024-L02-P / Initial Release Date: 4/24/2019 / Program Expiration Date: 12/31/2020
The Pharmacists Society of the State of New York is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.