Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Holiday Inn, 215 Sunnyside Blvd., Plainview, NY
7:00 - 10:00 PM
2 Contact Hours
Presenter: Donald J. Catalino, BS, RPh, ACVP
.(No conflict of interest determined by peer review of the slide content.)
0170-9999-19-074-L04-P / 2 Contact Hours / Initial release date 10/16/2019 / Knowledge Based Activity
1. Describe changes that have taken place in the veterinary medicine market that put pharmacists in an ideal position to meet the medication needs of pets.
2. Describe services a community pharmacy can offer to fill the needs of pets.
3. Discuss products that may be found in retail settings, pharmacies or in the home that may be potentially toxic to dogs, cats or other pets.
4. Describe the regulatory requirements for dispensing/compounding prescription medications for pets.
5. Identify commonly used hazardous veterinary drugs which will be encompassed by USP 800.
Free to Members
The Pharmacists Society of the State of New York is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
PSSNY's education staff declares no conflicts of interest or financial interest in any product or service mentioned in this program, including grants, employment, gifts, stock holdings, and honoraria.