Online registration is now closed. Onsite registration is available.
Program Schedule and Full CE Detail:
Friday, January 25, 2019
8:00AM – 5:00PM Registration
7:30AM – 9:00AM Breakfast
8:00AM – 9:00AM Resolutions/Nominations Committee Meeting
8:00AM – 9:30 AM Affiliate Presidents Meeting/Affiliate CE Chairpersons Meeting
9:30AM – 10:30AM RxPAC Meeting
9:30AM – 10:30AM Constitution & Bylaws Committee Meeting
9:30AM – 10:45AM Membership Committee Meeting & New Practitioner Committee Meeting
10:30AM – 11:00AM Coffee Break
11:00AM – 12:30AM CE | 1.5 Contact Hours: Panel Discussion on Legislative Affairs in New York
12:30PM – 1:30PM Lunch
1:30PM – 4:30PM General Membership Meeting and PSSNY House of Delegates Meeting
2:30PM – 3:00PM Coffee Break
4:00PM – 5:00PM SPSSNY Board Meeting: ALL students welcome!
4:45PM – 5:45PM Owners Academy: CE | 1.0 Contact Hour: Cybersecurity: Management of Confidential Data in the Cyber Age
5:30PM – 7:30PM Solution Center Open - Reception with Exhibitors
7:30PM – 9:30PM Student and New Practitioner Networking Session Keynote speaker: sponsored students are required to attend this session
9:00PM – 11:00PM Westchester Rockland Society of Pharmacists Meet and Greet
Saturday, January 26, 2019
7:30AM – 5:00PM Registration
7:30AM – 8:30AM Breakfast with Exhibitors and Student Poster Presentations
7:30AM – 1:30PM SOLUTION CENTER OPEN
8:45AM – 10:15AM SPSSNY Programming: Student Business Plan Competition
8:30AM – 9:30AM CE | 1 Contact Hour: Clinical Program: Breathe Easy: An Interactive Review of Respiratory Inhalers
9:30AM – 10:30AM Coffee Break with Exhibitors
10:00AM – 11:00AM Leveraging Your LinkedIn Profile for Success (Sponsored Students are required to attend this session)
10:30AM – 11:30AM CE | 1 Contact Hour: Clinical Program: Nutrition in Wellness & Weight Management
11:00AM – 12:00PM The Fundamentals of Financial Well-Being: Taking Control of Debt (Sponsored Students are required to attend this session)
11:45AM – 12:45PM CE | 1 Contact Hour: Clinical Program: HIV Medication Errors
11:45AM – 12:45PM CE | 1 Contact Hour: Business Program: Engaging Pharmacy Customers: Meeting Their Needs by Mediating Their Change
12:45PM – 1:30PM Lunch with Exhibitors
1:30PM – 2:15PM Presentation Theaters: Anda, DrFirst, and One Theatre to be Announced
2:30 PM - 4:00PM Panel Discussion: Navigating the World of Third Party in the Community Pharmacy 2019
4:00 PM – 4:15PM Coffee Break
4:15PM – 5:45PM CE | 1.5 Contact Hours: Pharmacy Law Challenge (game show format)
4:15PM – 5:45PM Tas Law Reform: Pearls for the Small Business Owner
6:00PM – 8:00PM Carnival Reception & Student Awards
Sunday, January 27, 2019
7:30AM – 8:30AM Registration
7:30AM – 8:30AM Breakfast
8:00AM – 9:30 AM CE | 1.5 Contact Hours: The Interface Between Medicare Part B / Medicare Part D / State Medicaid Programs
9:45 AM – 10:45 AM CE | 1 Contact Hour: Practice Issues for the Pharmacist: A Legal Perspective
10:45AM – 11:00AM Coffee Break
11:00AM – 1:00PM CE | 2 Contact Hours: NYS Board of Pharmacy Law Update: Law, Rule and Regulation
Poster Presentation Call for Abstracts:
The New Practitioner Committee is requesting submission of abstracts for presentation at the 2019 Mid-Winter Meeting January 25-27, 2019 Albany, NY at the Albany Hilton in Albany.
Guidelines for eligibility and submission:
- Current active membership of SPSSNY, enrolled in a NYS college of pharmacy.
- Abstract submitted via this link no later than January 4, 2019.
- Submissions received after this date will not be accepted for review; there will be no on-site registration for this program.
- The abstract may be a maximum of 600 words, minimum 12 point font, and must include: title, authors (inclusive of faculty, preceptors, or advisors), purpose, methods, results, and conclusions (if available at the time).
- The abstract type must be indicated in the submission e-mail:
Broad Categories for research include
- “Completed Research”
- “In Progress”
- “Theoretical Model”
The submission e-mail must include contact information (name, e-mail, and phone) for those students listed as authors. Please list any faculty or other mentors that are consulted.
Two students may present the poster if accepted; names must be noted at time of submission.
Students may not submit multiple abstracts; or be authors on multiple abstracts submitted to this poster session.
Research must be conducted and/or completed within the calendar year of submission.
The research/abstract can be presented in multiple showcases; acceptance to another poster session, professional meeting, or campus presentation is allowed. Disclosure must be noted in the e-mail of submission (“accepted to XYZ Meeting” “abstract submitted to XYZ” etc)
Any financial incentives or honorarium received during the research period must be disclosed as time of submission.
There is no limit to the number of submissions that will be reviewed from each college.
- Basic Sciences (Biologic/Chemistry/Pharmacology)
- Clinical Sciences/Research
- Practice-Based Pharmacy
- Patient Education Services
- Economic & Administrative Sciences
Guidelines for Accepted Posters:
- Students accepted for poster session must be registered for the meeting/dues paid within 2 days of receipt of e-mail for this program.
- Students must respond to the acceptance e-mail, otherwise staff will remove them from the program.
- Students are responsible for transport and set up of the posters. Foam core will be provided.
- Assignment of evaluation time will be determined in advance by the NPC and in your e-mail prior to the meeting. Both students must be present during that time for evaluation.
- Board posters may not exceed 36" by 48" and foam core will be provided for mounting posters on, a display stand will also be provided for each poster.
The NPC will review the abstracts, grade for acceptance, and the staff at PSSNY will contact those students accepted.
Students will be responsible for set up & break down of their posters. Posters are to be set up by the time the Solutions Center opens and may be removed at the end of the day. Specific times will be given to each poster for evaluations by the moderators, students must be present. Those presenting are welcome to remain in the Solutions Center to engage with other attendees on their research. Handouts for attendees/evaluators are encouraged.
Accepted abstracts will be listed in the program materials at the meeting and posted to the website.
A/V will not be permitted as part of the session.
Business Case Plan Competition:
- The competition is open to individuals or teams of up to four students enrolled at colleges of pharmacy in New York. All participants must be registered for the PSSNY Mid-Winter Meeting, indicate their interest in the competition at the time of registration, and also be current PSSNY members.
- Students are expected to form teams and align with mentors that will assist in the learning process. This is integral to the process.
- A letter of intent to join competition is due to the business plan panel by end of day November 16, 2018 (11:59:59). Please email email@example.com for an example of this letter. At a minimum, please include in this letter: names of group members (maximum 4), pharmacy school or college name, name of faculty mentor, and name of community pharmacy PSSNY member (consultant). These are all required.
- The deliverable includes a response to the case question(s) and submission of a concise business plan to the judges.
- The business plan should be in PDF or MS Word format no more than twenty five pages in length (minimum 12 point font, single spaced, one-inch margins, including tables/graphs/photos).
- All questions about the case should be sent to Christopher Daly at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 30, 2018 (11:59:59). Answers to those questions will be sent to all applicants to see to ensure fairness. The committee will answer no questions about the case after this time.
- The deadline for submission is January 7, 2018 (11:59:59). There are no exceptions for late submissions. Submissions can be made via this link.
- Judges will review and score the submissions. Top ranking teams will be invited to present their summary live at the Mid-Winter Meeting. Guidelines for the live presentation will follow.
- Participants are not limited with regard to the resources utilized to create the response and the summary (e.g. websites, reference books, live interviews with mentors/employers/wholesalers, etc.).
- Participants should not contact the judges for assistance with the case. Any participant or team that contacts a judge in relation to the case work will be disqualified. Judges include: Chris Daly, Kara Wilcox, Angela Dominelli, David Kile, John Croce, and Vinny Chiffy.
- Case studies, documents or any materials that have been previously submitted to local or national competitions (e.g. NCPA) or as part of course work for class will not be accepted.
- Monetary prizes will be awarded to the teams that come in 1st / 2nd / 3rd.
Please direct any logistical questions to Christopher Daly at email@example.com.
Albany Hilton, 40 Lodge Street, Albany, New York 12207
Discounted rooms are available under PSSNY's room block. Visit https://bit.ly/2MCYlRv for more details or to book.
Things to do in Albany:
There is something for everyone in Albany, no matter what your age.
Thank you to our generous sponsors!:
Capital Area Pharmacists Society
Hudson Valley Pharmacists Society
Italian-American Pharmacists Society
Long Island Pharmacists Society
New York City Pharmacists Society
Northern New York Pharmacists Society
Pharmacists Association of Western New York
Pharmacists Society of the Southern Tier
Westchester & Rockland Society of Pharmacists