Pharmacists Society of the State of New York,
Pharmacy Society of Rochester
Rochester Area Society of Health System Pharmacists
Invite you Dinner and a Continuing Education Program
Medication Error Reduction and Public Policy
Sunday, May 20, 2018
To be held at:
Woodcliff Hotel, 199 Woodcliff Drive, Fairport, NY 14450
Registration: 6:00 PM
Dinner: 6:30 PM
Ozempic Presentation: 6:45 – 7:15 PM
CE Program: 7:30 - 9:00 PM
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Credits: Informational only; No CE Credit
Presenter: Dr. Robert Bingham, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Rochester, NY
Topic : A [NEW Offering] in the treatment of Adult With Type Two Diabetes. OZEMPIC
A once weekly GLP-1 Receptor Agonist.
Credits: 1.5 Contact Hours (0.15 CEU)
Presenter: Karl Williams, R.Ph., LL.M., JD, Professor of Pharmacy Ethics & Law, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
Topic: Medication Error Reduction and Public Policy
Target Audience: Pharmacists and student pharmacists in all practice settings.
Target Audience: All Practicing Pharmacists 1.5 Contact Hours
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe perspectives of the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, the Institute of Medicine, and the Just Culture perspectives on medication error prevention
- Describe and discuss New York’s approach to reckoning with medication errors in terms of the Professional Misconduct law
- Examine recent cases involving medication error
- Describe recent legislation that will impact medication error in our pharmacies.
Fees: __ $ 20.00 for Members of PSR
__ $ 20.00 for Members of RASHP & Wegmans School of Pharmacy Preceptors
__ $ 10.00 for Pharmacy Students
__ $ 75.00 Non Members
Registration & Payment can be made at the Pharmacy Society of Rochester’s website
Seating will be limited
TO REGISTER: http://www.psrochester.org/events.php
The Pharmacists Society of the State of New York is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE 0170-999-18-054-L05-P Activity Type: Knowledge
Program release date: 5/20/2018
To receive credit for this program participant must sign an attendance sheet and complete the on-line survey / evaluation within 7 days.