3 hour continuing education activity RSVP BY EMAILING firstname.lastname@example.org or CALLING 716.564.0860
Patient Safety & Proper Medication Distribution
0170-9999-18-027-L05-P ∙ 3 CEU ∙ Initial Release Date 3/21/2018 ∙ Target Audience: Pharmacists
Presented by: Karl Fiebelkorn, PharmD, MBA, University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
PAWNY member w/voucher - Free
PAWNY Member no voucher - $25.00
WNYSHP/ASCAP Member - $35.00
SPAWNY Member - $25.00
Non-SPAWNY Member - $35.00
All Others - $100.00
Buffet Dinner - 6:15 PM
Business Meeting - 6:45 PM
CE - 7:00 PM
1. Discuss the frequency of occurrence of medication errors and the estimated costs to the health care system in the United States.
2. Define medication errors, and common types and causes that occur in pharmacies.
3. Describe inattentional blindness and ways to avoid errors in dispensing
4. List the key elements of medication use and benefit associated with each.
5. Recognize common errors in electronic prescriptions and identify the appropriate interventions needed.
6. Discuss the importance of liability insurance and the risk associated with errors.
7. Identify reference sources available to pharmacists for more information.
The Pharmacists Society of the State of New York is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.